Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I need to learn Italian.

CIAO! So continuing from where I left off.  On Saturday we had a scavenger hunt around Rome, which consisted of us taking 25 pictures of random churches, gelato shops, fountains, etc.  We had to have four team members in each picture and hold up a sign that said "we were here" in Italian.  That was all fine and dandy, except for the picture we had to take of two people kissing, which we creepily took on the Spanish Steps standing behind some random italian couple.  Our team didn't end up winning, but we managed to get enough photos for free metro tickets (which is great because those things disappear so quickly).  Saturday night was the wine tasting.  We all put on our super spiffy gear and were treated to 4 nice wines. Definitely an improvement over 2 euro bottles we've been drinking. I didn't make it all the way through the entire four glasses, because I'd definitely fall over, but it was still a fun experience.  On Sunday I had an endlessly exciting day of reading.

This week has been the first of our "normal" classes, which means the class sizes have dropped from 100 to about 50 as we split into smaller groups.  The reading has picked up, and I have my first quiz tomorrow!  I'm still kind of in a vacation mood, and have adopted an "I'm in Rome, screw my 4.0" attitude.

Today Elise and I went into Rome to study and look for the Rome item of the week.  (Essentially, the RA's give us a cool place to go in Rome, and whoever gets there and takes a picture first wins free Cap Bar stuff).  We did a little reading on the Piazza Venezia, and then hurried to the Turtle Fountain.  I'm proud to announce that WE WON, beating out the other group of UD students we saw in the city.  WHAT UP!.  On the way back to the city, I had my first actual creepy old Italian man experience.  On the metro platform he came up to me and creepily said "Ciao bella" and a lot of other stuff I didn't understand because I don't speak Italian, and then he gave me a very suggestive wink.  I told him I dont speak Italian and ran off with Elise further down the platform. We leave for Assisi and Subiacco on Friday, and it should be a great trip!  I'll update after that!





Nearish the Colosseum and Roman Forum.


HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment